FINE™/Open with OpenLabs™, NUMECA’s powerful Flow Integrated Environment for Multiphysics CFD, allows simulations involving multiple physical processes including:
- Multiphase flows: cavitation, sprays and dispersed phases
- Conjugate Heat Transfer
- Porous Media
- Mixing and multi-species transport
All these features are included in the FINE™/Open with OpenLabs™ package without additional cost and are fully integrated in the FINE™/Open user environment.
The multiphysics capabilities of FINE™/Open with OpenLabs™ allow users to address a wide range of applications such as:
- Combustion in gas turbines, aero-engines, furnaces.
- Cavitation on hydraulic and cryogenic pumps as well as underwater bodies based on dedicated models.
- Cyclone, vacuum-cleaners, separators, HVAC.
- Aerosol sprays, spray atomizers, crop spraying, spray painting
- Sand ingestion in aero-engines.
- Pollutant tracking.
Applications for fluid structure interaction and acoustics can be addressed with dedicated modules.
Please click here for more details about FSI.
- Non-premixed combustion (equilibrium, flamelet)
- Partially premixed combustion (FGM, Hybrid flamelet/BML)
- Premixed combustion (BML)
- Reactive multispecies framework (EDM)
- Pollutant modeling: Thermal NOx, soot
- Conjugate heat transfer
- Spray combustion
Spray and disperse phase
- Lagrangian tracking
- Spray dynamics and inertial behavior
- Primary atomization and secondary break-up models
- Zones of mass concentration, poly-dispersion
- Turbulent dispersion and momentum two-way coupling
- Heating, cooling and evaporating droplets
- Spray combustion
- Surface-to-surface (non-participating media)
- P1: First order spherical harmonics
- Emission model (combustion)
- Finite Volume Method (FVM) for advanced radiation modeling
- Weighted sum of gray gases model for optical properties evaluation
- Barotropic law model
- Thermo-tables based cavitation for thermo-sensible fluids (e.g. cryogens)
- Physical modeling customization