AutoDesign™ is an integrated & optimization-based 1D-to-3D design software environment for multiphysics and multidisciplinary (CFD-FEA-CAA) design of turbomachinery. AutoDesign™ is a powerful tool dedicated to fast design and optimization of multistage machines starting from initial design objectives. Integrated with AutoGrid5™, FINE™/Turbo and FINE™/Design3D, it offers an integrated chain from 1D to 3D, including aerodynamics, mechanics and aero-acoustics 1D-3D optimization.
AutoDesign™ is based on a novel and revolutionary approach, being the first in coupling advanced optimization methods with ultra-fast and accurate meshing and CFD and MDO solutions, enabling to design innovative optimal machine in very short time in one single software.
AutoDesign™ is powered by OMNIS™, NUMECA’s new generation environment for multiphysics simulation and optimization, which offers the enhanced productivity of a cutting edge software.
AutoDesign™ general workflow
- Axial compressors (in OMNIS™ 1.1)
- Axial turbines (in OMNIS™ 1.2)
- Centrifugal compressors (in development)
- Radial turbines (in development)
- Mean line 1D design and off-design analysis
- Full radial equilibrium (streamline curvature) 2D design
- Multi-objective evolutionary optimization algorithm
- Automatic 3D blade geometry and mesh generation (with AutoGrid5™)
- Direct export to AutoGrid5™ and AutoBlade™
- Process automation with Python scripting
- Fast C++ code with flexible structure for incorporating user specific requirements
- Expression input (Python)
- Undo and redo of all user actions
- Flexible unit system
- Fluid property library included
- Built-in loss models include Lieblein and Wright & Miller
- User specified loss data
- Easy first design with automatic wizard
- Python scripts library for full automatic mode, from design objective to full 3D multi-disciplinary optimization