FINE™/Design3D is an integrated environment for the design and optimization of turbomachinery channels and blades. An optimization system requires a parametric modeler to define a large design space, an automatic and fast grid generator, an accurate and robust CFD solver, and an efficient optimization kernel. FINE™/Design3D meets all these requirements and enables designers to reach innovative turbomachinery geometries in an all-in-one structure:
– AutoBlade™: a 3D parametric blade modeler with an advanced fitting module to start designs either from scratch or from an existing geometry.
– FINE™/Turbo: NUMECA environment dedicated to turbomachinery flow analysis from mesh generation with AutoGrid5 to post-processing with CFView. It includes the 3D Navier-Stokes multi-block structured flow solver, recognized as the fastest and most accurate for turbomachinery configurations. Users can then benefit from the flow solver efficiency on both workstations or large HPC configurations.
– Design3D Optimization Kernel: an artificial intelligence combining the power of design of experiments, artificial neural network and advanced optimization algorithms.
FINE™/Design3D can be applied to a wide range of configurations: compressors, turbines, pumps, fan, propellers and contra-rotating propellers. Engineers will benefit from FINE™/Design3D to accelerate their design cycle and generate high performance turbomachinery geometries, taking into account their objectives and constraints. The net result is clear: the time-consuming trial and error process is replaced by an efficient self-learning algorithm.
- General modeler for blades and channel
- Fully parametric with advanced dependencies between parameters
- Bounds associated to free parameters
- Fitting module for imported geometry
- 3D blades defined by several sections and a stacking law
- High-continuity of curves and surfaces definition
- Design analysis tools
FINE™/Turbo: Seamless coupling with FINE™/Design3D
Design3D Optimization Kernel:
- CFD screening for single design analysis
- Database generation
- Artificial Neural Network
- Self-learning database
- Genetic algorithm
- Python scripting technology