HEXPRESS™/Hybrid is the latest of NUMECA’s meshing tools designed for meshing complex geometries starting from unclean CAD data.
The tool produces unstructured hex-dominant conformal meshes in parallel, including high quality viscous layers. The integrated automatic wrapping technology and the HoleSearcher allow the user to avoid the time spent on CAD cleaning and repairing, thus significantly reducing the engineering time spent on the generation of a mesh.
This enables the user to obtain a mesh in a matter of hours instead of days/weeks.
The general nature of HEXPRESS™/Hybrid makes it applicable in a wide variety of industries:
- Automotive: early design, external aerodynamics, thermal management and underhood calculations
- Truck, Train and Bus constructers
- Industrial, Agricultural and Construction machines
- Petrochemical and Oil & Gas industry
- Integration of turbomachinery and aircrafts
- Environment simulations
- Electronics industry
- Mesh arbitrarily complex shapes: internal/external, CFD & FEM grids
- Full edge capturing on user request
- Robust and integrated CAD cleaning and hole closing
- Small gaps and overlaps automatically resolved
- Large gaps detected and closed with the HoleSearcher
- Details in the geometry are captured according to user-specified level of refinement
- Full Parallel Meshing (SMP shared memory)
- Batch or Interactive GUI-fully scriptable
- Flexible viscous layers insertion with smooth transition
- Volume mesh, pure Tets, pure Hex or Hybrid
- Mesh deformation
- Meshing of multiple volumes with coincident node in one step
- Can mesh thin-surfaces (heatshields, exhaust pipes, etc).