HEXPRESS™ generates non-conformal body-fitted full hexahedral unstructured meshes on complex arbitrary geometries. In addition, the advanced smoothing capability provides high-quality boundary layers insertion.
HEXPRESS™ and HEXPRESS™/Hybrid use a similar volume-to-surface approach, suppressing the need for a surface mesh. Both systems run in batch or interactive mode and are interfaced to all major commercial CFD codes.
Left: Turbo compressor meshed with a combination of HEXPRESS™ and AutoGrid5™ – Right: Brussels Rogier Center
Complex hub/propeller interaction (Courtesy of IHC Dredger International and ECN/CNRS)
- Full Hexahedral Grids (no prism, no tetrahedra, no pyramid)
- Direct CAD import capabilities
- CAD manipulation and decomposition tools
- Mesh wizard for rapid solution set-up and easy back and forth operation
- Buffer cell and boundary layer insertion for high quality cells in boundary layer regions
- Automatic refinement procedures based on user defined sensors either next to solid walls or at specified area in the domain
- Multi domain capabilities allowing the treatment of CHT and multi-part geometry models
- Full non-matching multi-block connection, allowing multi-row turbomachinery meshing
Customization to User Specific Features
- All commands python based and accessible through scripts
- Users can develop their own scripts for batch mode operation into CAE design cycle or optimization loop.