FINE/Agile™ is the product of a strong partnership between NUMECA Int and CONCEPTS NREC, bringing together the best-in-class preliminary turbomachinery design tools and the fastest and most accurate CFD suite as recognized by the worldwide turbomachinery community.
FINE/Agile™ combines the NUMECA Flow Integrated Numerical Environment with Concepts NREC’s Agile Engineering Design System®. Agile Engineering Design System® is the only commercially available turbomachinery design system that encompasses and integrates the complete engineering process through a complementary suite of tools and programs for computer-aided engineering (CAE). Integrated elements of the system include preliminary design and detailed design. FINE™/Turbo is the fastest CFD suite for rotating machinery with incompressible and compressible fluids, from subsonic to hypersonic flow regimes. All types of multi-stage axial, radial or mixed-flow configurations are supported: compressors, turbines, pumps, fans, propellers or contra-rotating propellers. From meshing to results visualization, the FINE™/Turbo application-oriented graphical user interface is intuitive, enabling fast project set-up and analysis.
FINE/Agile™ is available in a choice of flavors geared to your application: centrifugal compressors, radial inflow turbines, axial compressors and turbines, pumps or fans & blowers, and can be easily upgraded to allow multiple applications.
The design and simulation process is streamlined with:
- Meanline design: Determine design layout & sizing (on 1D basis for all components) for radial machines or determine geometry at mean, hub and tip locations for axial machines. Meanline options include:
- AxCent: 3D detailed design for geometry and blading including throughflow, 2D blade to blade and streamline curvature calculation
- AutoGrid5™: Automated grid generator for turbomachinery configuration, delivers the highest quality structured meshes with minimum user input. Its Wizard mode handles all types of rotating machinery configurations and complexities.
- FINE™/Turbo flow solver: 3D Navier-Stokes flow solver, recognized as the fastest and most accurate for turbomachinery configurations. Acceleration of several orders of magnitude is achieved thanks to the CPUBooster™ technique, NLH approach and HPC scalability.
- CFView™: Advanced post-processing tool, provides dedicated flow visualization and analysis outputs in an easy-to-use turbomachinery-oriented mode.
Time reconstruction of pressure fluctuations in the pipe diffuser of a centrifugal compressor modelled with the NLH approach combined with CPU Booster™
Centrifugal compressor – Absolute Mach Number
Static pressure contour on the impeller blade surfaces of a centrifugal compressor with pipe diffuser
- Meanline design for all major turbomachinery configurations.
- Detailed 3D design for geometry and blading using AxCent®, including throughflow, 2D blade to blade and streamline curvature calculation.
- Ultra fast CFD solvers using CPU Booster™ technology and Non-Linear Harmonic method for unsteady simulations.
- Seamless integration with FINE™/Design3D for optimization and our unique Uncertainty Quantification module