We are glad to announce that OMNIS™ v3.1 Release Candidate is available today.
It’s going to bring you exciting new features and product improvements, including a new Lattice-Boltzmann based solver. Check it out!
This release comes with the documentation included in the software and is available online in our customer area on www.numeca.com.
Simulation – new Lattice-Boltzmann solver
OMNIS™/LB is a particle-based Lattice-Boltzmann solver for complex and high-fidelity flow simulations, based on the monolithic integration of the PALABOS libraries developed by FlowKit-NUMECA Group Ltd.
This first release is primarily dedicated to internal multi phase flow applications such as gearboxes, bearings, and volumetric pumps.
Semi-immersed gearbox validation
Mixing tank multiphase simulation
Simulation – Bridge to FINE™
The Bridge to FINE™ feature enables an analysis workflow which takes advantage of the OMNIS™ meshing and post-processing capabilities, as well as the simulation power and all features of FINE™/Open with OpenLabs™, FINE™/Marine, and FINE™/Turbo.
Geometry – Boolean operations
You can now combine, intersect and subtract sets of volumes to create new objects.
Unite operation Subtract operation
Geometry – Chamfer and Fillet
You can create round edges with the Fillet tool and bevel edges with the Chamfer tool.
Add chamfer Add fillet
Fixes and improvements
- Improved user interface
- Save as image
- Orthographic view
- Launch simulation on a cluster
- Time controller
- Averages and integrals
- User-defined derived quantities
- Solver Plugin API
- User-imported initial mesh
- Close viscous layers
- Variable viscous layers
- OpenFOAM optimization
- Gradient, the divergence, and the curl of a quantity – BETA
- Export to CFView™ – BETA
- Automatic lattice generation
- Fully resolved multi-phase flow with small droplets and bubbles
- Fully resolved flow through complex geometries and porous media
- Immersed boundary (IB) method for body-to-body motion and contact
- Strong scalability for computations on a massively parallel architecture