FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Regulation theory: understanding and reprogramming the pumps control
- Automatic theory: analyzing and designing an Actuator Drive Unit
- Mechanical analysis of the pumps
- Pump sizing and study of the Gerotor technology
- Pressure loss analysis
- Heat exchanger sizing & efficiency analysis
- Introduction to Lubricant Systems and Fuel Systems as part of Part-66 Basic Training – Module 15
Guidelines are provided to help set up two-hour practice sessions in groups of two to three students in these topics and can easily be used interchangeably, tweaked or supplemented to be congruent with educational goals, course duration and study level.
- The full DGEN oil system including tank, electrical pump, filter, check electrovalve, pressure & temperature probes, plug valve and heat exchanger. A dedicated tank also simulates the engine’s bearing enclosures and the oil is heated to recreate realistic operating conditions.
- The full DGEN fuel system including tank, boost pump, electrical pump, filter, ignition electrovalve, injection electro-valve, plug valve, pressure & temperature probes
- A fully-integrated bench with sensor cabinet and control panel
- A didactic software for pumps control, data monitoring and regulation reprogramming
The WESTT BH bench will add a new dimension to any WESTT-based lab configuration. Potential combinations include the WESTT SEV and WESTT SE-HP stations to complete the hands-on practice on real engine parts with experiments on the engine equipment, or the WESTT CS/BV bench for a live run of the oil & fuel system in connection to the virtual observation.
The versatility and flexibility of this didactic hydraulic test bench is ideally suited for all kinds of applications, from training aviation maintenance technicians to teaching engineering courses at universities.
The Civil Aviation University of China located in Tianjin purchased one of our WESTT BH benches with the view of using it to educate their future engineers to engine hydraulics, as an add-on to their other WESTT solutions.