FIELDS OF APPLICATION
The WESTT SEV station includes a real turbofan engine and is therefore ideal for all applications dealing with aircraft engine design. In general mechanics and mechanical engineering
- Introduction to turbo machinery
- Study of technological parts (gearbox, bearings, turbines…)
- Thermal and hydraulic studies of the engine
In aviation maintenance and maintenance engineering
- EASA Part-66 Aircraft Maintenance Basic Training
- Assembling and disassembling technics
- Assembly plan’s design and tasks parallelisation
- Troubleshooting and repair
The WESTT SEV station consists of:
- A full DGEN 380 turbofan engine
- A dedicated engine support stand with crank handles (which enable the engine’s rotation and axial movement) and integrated wheels to improve the station’s mobility
- Complete documentation including assembly/disassembly plans, DGEN drawings and educational sketches
- Standard and specific tools in their dedicated storage cart
- Two other storage carts for all the engine parts
- A maintenance manual
- An electronic bay that integrates the engine’s oil system and electrical control in order to validate the reassembly by starting the engine’s ventilation
- A touch-screen computer to run the virtualized 3D assembly plan powered by 3DVia®, the engine’s mechanical exploration tool as well as great animations of the DGEN’s oil & fuel systems.
In a classroom. The teacher can use engine components or sub-assemblies as a teaching aid.
For practical case studies. The station can ideally accommodate 3 students to perform all assembling (resp. disassembling) operations in 4 to 6 hours (resp. 4 hours). With a group of 9 students, 3 groups of 3 students can work simultaneously on different subassemblies which will then be put together before starting the engine’s ventilation with the whole group. Concerning the on-site integration of the WESTT SEV station, Price Induction provides its customers with top-notch support which best suits their requirements (course duration, number of students, study level).
In order to accommodate more students at once and subsequently increase the school’s training capacity, it is recommended to consider either installing multiple units of the WESTT SEV station or combining it with other WESTT products for creating strong educational synergies. Potential combination include the WESTT BH bench for a complementary training on the DGEN’s fuel system, or with the WESTT CS/BV bench to link virtual exercices with real ones.
The simplicity of the engine’s architecture and its innovative technology make the station appropriate for all education levels, particularly for aviation maintenance training, engineering studies in mechanics and gas turbine courses.
Our WESTT SEV customers include the Civil Aviation University of China in Tianjin, the engineering school Art & Métiers Bordeaux-Talence in France and the training institute SENAI in Sao Carlos in Brazil.