Summary of The Technology / Product
InnoSolPower HTHP and TES
• Application: homes, schools and Industrial waste heat and processes
• Low-cost decarbonization solution for lower heat grades such as;
- heat from micro-size concentrated solar blocks (up-to 100°C),
- Underground/geothermal heat sources (up-to 100°C),
- excess electrical power heaters from roof-top PVs stored
as heat inside TES (PV charges TES in 5 hours)
• 100 kWh modules of µTES charge and discharge in 6 hours
- Up to 120°C: µTES-PCM contains PCM encapsulated tubes
- Up to 150°C: µTES-HTF contains heat transfer fluid (HTF)
- Up to 150°C Concrete filled µTES-C
• HTHP-15 (15 kW) charges a minimum of 4 µTES-PCM modules
- HTHP power units (15kW-30kW) are modular (parallel assembly)
- HTHP-15 footprint LxW: 1m x 1m, Weight: 250 kg
- µTES-PCM footprint LxW: 4m x 2m (modules of 25 kWh),
weight: 2.5 t.
- HTHP-15 charges the TES tank at a rate of 16.67 kWth
with a 1.75 kWe compressor input
• Modular capacity installations from 15 kW to 480 kW up to
8 compressors per unit. Highly flexible industrial operations,
• HCFO-1233zd(E) working fluid is harmless. Class A1, no toxicity and no flammability. ODP = 0, GWP < 5.
• Leak-proof pressure seals on the shaft side
• Compressor driven by a 2kWe open motor with controller
• Compressor architecture: patented double hinged arc vane rolling piston
• Lubrication: POE-SL-68
• HTHP pilot plant at TRL6 as the technology is demonstrated in industrially relevant environment.
• Heat Transfer Fluid (HTF) on sink and source side is mineral based Renotherm 320 with high thermal stability up to 320°C.
Summary of Technology
Product is a hybrid electrical/thermal energy storage composed by a novel high temperature heat pump and the thermal energy storage tank. Integration of
heat pump and storage is optimized as operating temperatures and pressure
ratios are specifically chosen for highest operational efficiency. Calculated COP is around 9.67.
• Standard and modular units HTHF-15 and HTHF-30 (15kW-30kW)
• Offered with three different non-pressurized TES configurations:
- µTES-PCM, µTES-HTF and µTES-C (modular approach)
• Heat exchangers (HXs): evaporator and condenser have each 13.05 m2
heat transfer surfaces. 29m finned copper piping. Hot oil circulation pumps move 100 Lt HTF within HXs
• Flexible operation: heat pumps operate most efficiently at 100%
compressor capacity and with a TES. Thus, it is easy to follow
“plant heat-load demand” mode of operation.