Support Program: TUBITAK 1501 – Industrial R&D Projects Support Program
Project Nr.: 3120161
Start/End Date : 01.2.2012 / 31.12.2014
High-efficiency and high power-density in-wheel (HUB) permanent magnet brushless direct current motor are used to drive vehicles. They are easily mounted on 2 or 4 wheels as direct-drives and therefore do not require a transmission gear.
– 4 wheel-drive,
– Maximum torque is produced yielding a higher level of driving stability and control when compared to other electric vehicles moving on slippery road conditions,
– Regenerative braking available like any electric vehicles with central motors,
– Power transmission units such as gearbox, differential, drive shafts and axles are eliminated, thus reducing overall weight losses and making the vehicle more ergonomic,
– Motor on each wheel is electronically controlled using modern methods such as ABS, traction control and stability control.
– Electric vehicles
– Military purpose (high torque in-wheel hub motors)